Center of Moscow, July 17, 1944
25 days after the start of Operation »Bagration«, the three Belorussian Fronts had finally annihilated the once mighty German Army Group Center and liberated the whole motherland.
It was time for launching a spectacular propaganda coup showing to the world the results of this huge victory.
So, on that hot summer day, no less than 57,600 German prisoners of war, lined up in rows of twenty, were diven through inner Moscow, guarded by only a few armed redarmists and curiously watched by a huge crowd.
The yellow YaG-6 and ZiS-5 PM municipal street cleaning vehicles followed immediately behind thus giving the scene an even stranger appearance.
Note sparewheel installed to left water tank side