Dodge WC53, ¾-ton, 4x4, Carryall
In 1942, Dodge designed the WC53 Carryall for carrying 1+6 passengers and light cargo.
It's obvious that the car was derived from the already existing WC51 by lengthening the wheelbase by 16in. and mounting a fixed cab.
Compared to the mass deliveries of the WC51, the roughly 200 WC53 supplied to Russia under Lend-Lease were insignificant.
It's therefore no surprise that wartime photos of the vehicle in Red Army service haven't appeared yet.
However, it can be supposed that the few reaching the front units before the end of the war were used as command cars by members of Corps and Army staffs.
Most of all and with all foreign cars delivered, the technique involved contributed to the evolution of the post-war Soviet automobile industry.