Note unusual spare wheel installation to body rear instead of body interior
General Motors C60X, 3-ton, 6x6, Mobile Workshop
The GM C60X, produced by General Motors Products of Canada from 1942-1944, basically was a lengthened version of the Chevrolet C60L.
Instead of the single rear axle, it receíved a tandem rear bogie and the GMC 270 6-cyl. engine (hence its official name »General Motors« instead of »Chevrolet«).
It was designed to carry various special body types, so-called »stores«, among them the mobile workshop shown here.
Almost all Machinery Workshops were equipped with the 14-feet "Lindsay" house type produced by Chrysler of Canada Ltd.
Out of a total production of 2,710, the Soviet Union received almost 1,500 from 1943 on, mainly through the Pacific route and the Persian Corridor.