Main

RussianArmour Overview
All drawings © o5m6 2014. All rights reserved.
No publication in any form without the author's written permission.

Last Updated: February 13, 2014


KV-1 Model 1941 - Welded Turret, early version with 7.62mm F-32 gun

Early-style applique armour on the upper hull side, but late-style road wheels


The city of Leningrad was the home of the KV, having been designed and built at the Leningrad Kirov Plant (LKZ).
So during the late summer and fall of 1941, the KVs were seen in action more often in this sector of the front, having been driven straight from the factory.
In fall of 1941, three tanks, freshly repaired, are on their way from the rpair shop parading through Palace Square with the Alexander column.
The lead tank carries the slogan "We defend the conquests of October" referring to the October Revolution that put the Bolsheviks in power in 1917 which took place from Palace Square.
This tank is a KV-1 Model 1941 with the new uparmored welded turret recognizable by the short rear overhang.
It is a mixture of the old F-32 main gun of Model 1940 and new road wheels.
The tank behind it is wearing the slogan "For Stalin" while the last KV is decorated with the ubiquitous "Hit the Fascists".

Famous Alexander statue in memory of Napoleon's defeat heavily proteted against German air raids

First road wheel probably damaged in combat and subsequently replaced with an early-style one


All drawings © o5m6 2014. All rights reserved.
No publication in any form without the author's written permission.

Last Updated: February 13, 2014

Russian Armour Overview
Main