On both turret sides a Hitler cartoon, the artists' names and the following poem by M.Kupriyanof:
Storming through fire goes
Our KV heavy tank
From the heartland it rolls
To smash the Nazi flank
Crowed by heroic men
Never showing fear
As they carry out commands
Of their homeland dear
After nine months of hard fighting,in March 1943, "merciless" and its commander finally found their match near the village of Ashkovo by which time the tank had been in action
for the range of 700 km, knocking out no less than 27 tanks, seven armoured cars, four SP anti-tank guns, nine mortars, 10 guns, 17 machine guns, ten trucks, five motorcycles, a staff bus and a supply dump.
These were noted by painting small white stars, circles and triangles below the tank's name on the rear turret sides.
After the war, the tank was transferred to Kubinka proving ground in 1948.
Having survived the war, the tank ended up in the smelter at the Moscow plant "Hammer and Sickle", "merciless" indeed...