Main

Russian Armour Overview
All drawings © o5m6 2014. All rights reserved.
No publication in any form without the author's written permission.

Last Updated: August 03, 2014

So-called "softedge turret" with commander's cupola, note loader's PT-4-7 periscope


T-34/76 Model 1943, Armenian Tank Column "David of Sasun"
In 1943, Armenian emigrants in numerous countries all over the world, raised funds in order to equip an entire Red Army "tank column", a tank regiment, with T-34 tanks.
Hundreds of thousands of Dollars were donated and the newly established regiment was given the name of "David of Sasun", a mediaval Armenian hero.
The new 119th Tank Regiment, at first equipped with T-34/76 Model 1943 and later with the new T-34/85 DT gun tanks, entered combat in late 1943 at the Baltic Front.
From March 1944, it was assigned to the 2nd Ukrainian Front before participation at operation "Bagration" again with the 1st Baltic Front in summer 1944.
Due to its successes against the Germans, the regiment was decorated with the Red Banner Order in July 1944 and became a Guards Tank Regiment in 1945.

Additional information : Wikipedia


PT-34 Mineclearer


All drawings © o5m6 2014. All rights reserved.
No publication in any form without the author's written permission.

Last Updated: August 03, 2014

Russian Armour Overview
Main