Main

Trucks Overview
All drawings © o5m6 2011. All rights reserved.
No publication in any form without the author's written permission.

Last Updated: January 30, 2011

Note cargo canvas frame rods stowed to the cab fronts

A total of roughly 2,000 L3H(1)63 in service with the German forces on WW2


Krupp L3H163, 3-ton, 6x4, Cargo

In 1928 Krupp introduced its first off-road truck (6x4) L3H.
The vehicle was powered by a 6-cylinder petrol engine producing 90HP, a 4-speed gearbox, with high ratios for road use and low ratios for off-road use, as well as driven rear axles with individual locking differentials.
In the middle of the truck was a motor driven winch with 3ton towing capacity.
On both sides of the cargo body, brackets were holding the track links which could be fitted to the rear wheels in case of snow and heavy mud.
In 1936, the engine was upgraded to 110HP. The clearest identifying marks were two hatches on the engine hood replacing the cooling louvres.
In the Wehrmacht this vehicle was used with a wide variety of bodies, e.g. as cargo trucks, radio trucks, photography trucks, spotlight trucks, artillery towing trucks and etc.
They saw action in Poland, France, Russia and Africa and were produced under licence by Raba in Hungary as well.


In service with the Deutsches Afrikakorps

Note open hood top hatch and extra sparewheel on cargo rear

Vehicle of the 164.Leichte Afrika Division


All drawings © o5m6 2011. All rights reserved.
No publication in any form without the author's written permission.

Last Updated: January 23, 2011

Trucks Overview
Main