- Last update : Added a captured ex-Hungarian KV-40 Art. Tractor to the "Battle of Vienna".
- Last update : Added a German Panzer IV to the "Battle of Vienna".
- Last update : The fascinating "Battle of Ogledow" with the fatal combat debut of the new "Kingtigers". Enjoy !
- Sorry for the 6 months since the last update, I had to brush up the "Wehrmacht" sister site as it was far behind the "Red Army" site.
- As a start, I have added a page on the Red Army Armoured Units in order ro get a quick and (hopefully) comfortable overview of the (Guards) Tank Armies, Tank and Mechanized Korps established from 1942 on. Just click one of the blue buttons and the miracle happens...
- I intend to further enhance the content as time permits.
- Enjoy and please contact me in case you find any kind of errors.
- By searching for the current year (e.g."2017") you can easily list the last updates.
- Added a "magnifier glass effect" to the maps of the "Persian Corridor" site. Check it out by moving the mouse over the maps.
(Special thanks to the terrific guys of Stackoverflow !!!)
- Just Reworked the 1942-45 Fronts Map by adding audio to it and placed it on my Youtube channel: 2½ years in 6 minutes...
- As I love animated maps I googled a bit and stumbled upon an open source software called "Synfig Studio".
- Please don't forget the »SEARCH« function to look for and jump directly to a specific site, e.g. "IS-2", Matilda" etc.
- Due to new "responsive" site character the amount of mobile device visits has increased from 0(zero) to 30 percent. Amazing.
After fiddling around with all the amazing web programming stuff I finally got my new site up and running. Hope you like it !
Reunited at last the two "Engines" on one single entry site for better overview.
Had to brush up my PHP skills and to dive deep into unfamiliar frameworks like jQuery and Bootstrap, sure a challenge for a 60-year old, but lots of fun as well.
Not really a surprise that one of my daughters came up asking for a similar site promoting her musical business.
Hence the long delay since the last new drawings, sorry.