With 60,000 units delivered, the Chevrolet 1½-ton 4x4
belonged to the Lend-Lease mass deliveries to Russia, as is documented by uncounted war-time photographies showing the truck on the Eastern roads and battlefields.
Having a 145in. wheelbase and the typical GMC
military cab, it was produced from 1942 on, without winch as the G-7107
and with winch as G-7117
The Red Army preferred its use as gun towing vehicle and as troop transporter, with the upper cargo side bars converted to seats.
In some cases, Its chassis was even used as base for the BM-8-48
Rocket Launcher in 1942.